Tesco Bank chose to partner with the Scottish FA to deliver the programme because of their experience and resources dedicated to working with children.
All Scottish FA Development Officers have been specifically trained to coach children, and have successfully completed an enhanced check by Disclosure Scotland allowing them to work with children. For more information about your child’s Tesco Bank Football Challenge coach visit the Scottish FA official website.
All class teachers of those participating have been issued with the following guidelines to make sure your child stays safe whilst having fun:
- Regular safety checks should be carried out in relation to premises, training facilities and equipment
- Appropriate safety rules should be adopted and implemented
- Parents/guardian should be informed of the starting and finishing times of training sessions and matches
- A first aid kit should be available at all training sessions/matches and injuries should be recorded, with a note of action taken in relation to each one. Never play injured players.
- Parents/guardians should be notified of injuries/illness which their children incur whilst participating in any football activity.